thermostatic valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i am decorating my kids play room that has a thermostatic valve on the rad. the rad has never worked that well and i know its not very eco friendly but i would like the rad to come on permanantly with the rest of the system. if i just take the white twisted top off, which i have already done in order to decorate, and dont replace once the rad is re fitted, so the pin is exposed, will it then work like a regular valve?

Sponsored Links
thats perfect , should i ensure the pin is always up or down , or will it resolve that part itself? thank you for quick reply

When you take the TRV head off, the pin will stay up, this is the open position, if you press the pin down, this will close the valve.

Sponsored Links
Given that this is a kids' play room, I'd be concerned about safety. The edges of the trv and the pin can be quite sharp, and I'd hate to think what would happen if one of the little ones trips and bangs their head on it. It may be better to leave the head on the valve, with it set to the highest setting, using the locking pin if necessary.

you could of course spend between 10 and 20 quid, and get a properly working rad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back