These Blum soft hinge dampers are doing my head in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have these in fitted kitchen. Knocked one of em earlier and just can’t get the damn thing back on. (Did sane thing a few months ago and did it then) Got so frustrated, pulled another one off to experiment and now can’t get that back on. Looked at all the YouTube stuff, but none seem to work in my case. Is there a guaranteed way of sorting this?

Ta

Sponsored Links
I’ve got a Masters Degree. Shouldn’t be foxed by summat lark this.

Sponsored Links
I’ve got a Masters Degree. Shouldn’t be foxed by summat lark this.
That doesn't mean anything . I've got customers who are university professors who couldn't turn a screwdriver if there life depended on it. The very fact you've had to ask on an internet forum says it all...... you're foxed

8445E0D4-3A3D-486F-AC50-F3CF31B42B37.jpeg
28F85AEC-3A63-490C-A2D5-968677A878C1.jpeg
Hi

This only for adult on here, not juveniles. Attached photos as requested. Most of the advice suggests lining up cover next to hole in hinge, then, simultaneously, push in and back. Doesn’t work for moi.

Thanks

You have to put the hooks into the square hole, so that when you push it back, the spring is compressed. There is quite a knack to it. Have you got a spare hinge so you can practice on the table?

Thanks

Don’t have hinge, but will look at videos when I get home. (Think I’ve already seen these and tried to emulate them without success)

When you say “push it back”, do you mean towards the back of the cupboard or the front?

A58CF3EA-C5B6-497C-888E-4D0ADCAB661A.jpeg
D17A3300-BA7F-4E80-9F30-9E98EC5CD18F.jpeg
Hi again

“This getting silly now”.. Looked at post and link to video (one I’d seen b4, where guy just clips on, without the "Push forward and down on the front, then push down on the back.".

It may be that the spring clips need to be adjusted with both soft close dampers. Tried to push back a bit with screwdriver. It’s almost like they’re on, but in reality they’re just hanging, waiting to bounce off. What a completely flawed product.

Thanks for your time.

View attachment 160916 View attachment 160917 Hi again

“This getting silly now”.. Looked at post and link to video (one I’d seen b4, where guy just clips on, without the "Push forward and down on the front, then push down on the back.".

It may be that the spring clips need to be adjusted with both soft close dampers. Tried to push back a bit with screwdriver. It’s almost like they’re on, but in reality they’re just hanging, waiting to bounce off. What a completely flawed product.

Thanks for your time.

Don't give up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back