They won't fit my cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a cooker delivered but the guys refused to fit it as the cooker switch was directly above the old cooker. Electrician moved the cooker switch but didn't fit a connection unit. Is a connection unit the same as a cooker outlet
plate? How long would it take for an electrician to go back in and fit the connection unit?
The set up is more or less the same as this picture but in my case, the cables come from the floor and are part trunked and part embedded.

Would appreciate any advice :)

Sponsored Links
1) start your own thread. Your setup is nothing like the OP.

2) what makes you think you need a cooker outlet?

3) did your electrician leave your cooker on and working?

Might be easier if your electrician connects up the cooker rather than the cooker 'guys'.

That way he can decide if it's worthwhile using a cooker outlet.

Hi again,

Thanks for the replies and apologies for not starting a new thread.

The 'electrician' is a handyman with 17th edition qualifications and yes - he did leave the cooker as in the previous diagram. I explained what the delivery/fitting guys said re the cooker connection point and left him to it.
When I saw the end result, I asked him about the connection point and he said 'Oh yes, I'll come back next week to fit that in'.

(The cooker's working but just noticed that there's a slight buzzing noise (for about 3 seconds) when one of the plates is turned on).

I wanted the connection point in case the manufacturer refused to honour their guarantee, if there was a breakdown.

A

Sponsored Links
It is generally best to have an outlet plate, for the situation you are describing.

Also handy when you move and when the new people move in, as it makes disconnecting and reconnecting easier - usually anyway. People can still make a mess of it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back