Things to do to when you see a speed camera, number 72.

Oh dear, looks like we have one of those bleeding heart liberals.
You mean a "bleeding heart liberal" is someone who disapproves of police (or anyone else) committing racial assaults, murders, falsification of evidence, beating up prisoners and fraudulently preparing cases which result in innocent people being imprisoned for many years?

Wow.

I look for higher standards for our police.

So do you approve of those things, then?

Sponsored Links
You mean a "bleeding heart liberal" is someone who disapproves of police (or anyone else) committing racial assaults, murders, falsification of evidence, beating up prisoners and fraudulently preparing cases which result in innocent people being imprisoned for many years?
I'd say a "bleeding heart liberal" is someone who attempts to justify todays social decline by portraying a false picture of better standards from yesterday ... You are simply selecting all the bad things which were perpetrated by a minority and accusing the majority of using the same tactics.

A poor argument which does you no justice.

MW

In the 70's it was common enough for them to get away with it.

After the Blair Peach death, in spite of many witnesses claiming they saw him beaten up by police, the SPG uniforms were sent to the dry cleaners the next day, and no foresennsic evidence was found. The chief suspects all grew beards before the identification parade :eek:

After the "jumping out and beating up black lads" case, the officers and their sergeant colluded to give false evidence.

Stefan Kiszko spent 17 years in prison. He was sterile, but semen was found on the dead girls underwear. This evidence was suppressed.

I hope today things have improved.

Don't you?

I look for higher standards for our police.

So do I. But as long as their hands are tied by hand ringing liberals, politically correct zealots, human rights legislation, race relations bull, quotas, targets, endless form filling, lenient judiciary and incompetent politicians etc, etc - neither they nor the general public stand a chance.

I think you have taken a few high profile cases from a few decades ago and assumed that all police were like that!

Sponsored Links
I objected strongly to this commendation of out-of-control police breaking the law.

Yeah, but in the 70s coppers were PROPER coppers, not the 16 year old po faced girls they employ these days.

Then, the cops knew who the scumbags were. When they knicked them, they would give the low life a good kicking in the back of the van. Then they'd get another good kicking back at the station.

I have given example to show why I object to it, and the fact that the "good kickings" resulted in extra-judical executions, to racial assaults, and to false confessions, wrongful convictions, and the escape of the guilty. there are other well-known examples from the same period.

You can search my posts valiantly to find any suggestion that I "attempt to justify todays social decline by portraying a false picture of better standards from yesterday." This is quite untrue.

I hope today things have improved ... Don't you?
Yes of course and I believe that things have improved from the extreme examples you have highlighted.

I just don't share your belief that they were the norm in the 70's.

In 30 years time it will equally easy to select a whole host of injustices from today and attempt to suggest that it was typical behaviour at the time.

It will be no more valid then than it was in the 70's

The vast majority of police officers were, are and will be committed professionals of excellent moral standards IMO ... Not the dregs of society you seem to think.

Anyway, you were probably too stoned in the 70's to remember things so clearly ;)

MW

like I said
I objected strongly to this commendation of out-of-control police breaking the law...
Are you going to take White Spirit to task for suggesting it was accepable and commonplace and is desirable behaviour?

Are you going to take White Spirit to task for suggesting it was acceptable and commonplace and is desirable behaviour?
Yes, I suppose I ought to really ...

Whitespirit66: You really shouldn't be such a toss*r in attempting to glorify the behaviour of a small minority of brutal and corrupt police officers at the expense of the majority of honest, hard working and decent ones ... You should be ashamed of yourself you silly t*at!

That do you John? ;)

MW

Sponsored Links
Back