things without mass

I do know a little bit about this subject.

What I think Einenstien was saying is that for a object to travel faster than the speed of light it would also have to be capable to increase it's mass at the same time.

I'll try and explain.
Lets say that there is a road that is one mile long and I want to travel along it in my Porshe at the speed of light.
I would in-fact have to be at the end of the mile long road and also still at the start at seemingly the same time and the only way that I could achive this is by increasing the size/length/mass of my Porshe.

Trust everyones got it now!
Servotech,

Sponsored Links

What I think Einenstien was saying is that for a object to travel faster than the speed of light it would also have to be capable to increase it's mass at the same time.

I'll try and explain.
Lets say that there is a road that is one mile long and I want to travel along it in my Porshe at the speed of light.
I would in-fact have to be at the end of the mile long road and also still at the start at seemingly the same time and the only way that I could achive this is by increasing the size/length/mass of my Porshe.

Servotech,

surely if your porsche was 2 miles long, you wouldn't need to move to travel that mile long road?

and what about a race... a beam of light versus a tube of marbles 300,000 miles long.... light would take a little over an hour to travel that distance? whereas if i push the marble in one end of the tube, the marble 300,000 miles away moves at the same time? (just like the electrons in an electric current).... so doesn;t that prove that electricity can travel faster than the speed of light?

and what about a race... a beam of light versus a tube of marbles 300,000 miles long.... light would take a little over an hour to travel that distance?

Less than 2 seconds actually. :eek:

Sponsored Links

I'll try and explain.

Servotech,

surely if your porsche was 2 miles long, you wouldn't need to move to travel that mile long road?

and what about a race... a beam of light versus a tube of marbles 300,000 miles long.... light would take a little over an hour to travel that distance? whereas if i push the marble in one end of the tube, the marble 300,000 miles away moves at the same time? (just like the electrons in an electric current).... so doesn;t that prove that electricity can travel faster than the speed of light?

completely different energy..far to busy to explain.. light and kinetic energy

and what about a race... a beam of light versus a tube of marbles 300,000 miles long.... light would take a little over an hour to travel that distance?

Less than 2 seconds actually. :eek:

whoops i thought it was 180,000 miles per hour !!!! tut tut, schoolboy error.

completely different energy..far to busy to explain.. light and kinetic energy

I'd love to see you try though.....not that I've got much of a clue.
If some of you bstrds hadn't got spacecat so pizzed off he'd have told us. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll try and explain.

Servotech,

The next time you watch Voyager on TV, right at the end of the opening sequence you will see the starship Voyager go into warp drive and at the same time it appears to increase in mass.
I think that this is the writers way of acknowledging the therory of the need to increase in mass in order to achive travel beyond the speed of light.

I'll try and explain.

Servotech,

The next time you watch Voyager on TV, right at the end of the opening sequence you will see the starship Voyager go into warp drive and at the same time it appears to increase in mass.
I think that this is the writers way of acknowledging the therory of the need to increase in mass in order to achive travel beyond the speed of light.

that's all well and good, but you ignored my question!!

You're confusing mass with size....two totally different things.

You have to study Quantum Mechanics and forget any laws of physics -they don`t exist in the Quantum world ;) I haven`t got time now - I`ve got to check on my cat . I left it in a box as an experiment . I may be back later - or I might be here before you :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back