Thinking of new boiler - popular options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

currently contemplating a new boiler a bit later on in the year, was wondering what were the current trends and favoured manufacturers.

Currently have a Potterton Nettaheat 16 -22. 3 bed det house, with conservatory. 12 rads, all doubles.

What would be a good list of options to consider?

Thanks in advance,
H

Sponsored Links
That's a question that is frequently asked on here & the answer you will get isl wide & varied , general concensus I think is cheap or budget boiler's , dearer the spare's ! personally I would only fit a boiler with a stainless steel heat exc' , not ally but other's will say different ! generally use the Johnson & Starley Reno range , but I might be the only one on here that does ?? might be a case of pick the best of a bad bunch & hope you get it right ? :)

WARNING !!
This post was edited on the 27th feb 2011 , I would strongly advise that anyone should not consider the J&s Reno boiler they have proven to be the most unreliable boiler we hav ever had the misfortune to use an absolute disgrace !

That's a question that is frequently asked on here & the answer you will get isl wide & varied , general concensus I think is cheap or budget boiler's , dearer the spare's ! personally I would only fit a boiler with a stainless steel heat exc' , not ally but other's will say different ! generally use the Johnson & Starley Reno range , but I might be the only one on here that does ?? might be a case of pick the best of a bad bunch & hope you get it right ? :)

Thanks for your comments.

I am now starting to think otherwise after reading many useful threads on this site, and my own mantra of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it ' seems to be the way to go to save me shelling out!

In fact Scottish Gas have done me a favour by failing to turn up for their quotation visit :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I am now starting to think otherwise after reading many useful threads on this site, and my own mantra of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it ' seems to be the way to go to save me shelling out!
You only replace a boiler when it will cost more to repair or cannot be repaired. The "saving" on your fuel bill will rarely cover the true cost of a new boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back