This green (Ed: Protection of the environment)

In addition to identifying Neanderthal ancestry in African populations, the researchers described two revelations about the origin of the Neanderthal sequences. First, they determined that the Neanderthal ancestry in Africans was not due to an independent interbreeding event between Neanderthals and African populations.

And the second "revelation" is?

Based on features of the data, the research team concluded that migrations from ancient Europeans back into Africa introduced Neanderthal ancestry into African populations.

Which would fit in with
- hominids evolved in Africa
- some hominids left Africa (for Asia, and Europe)
- Asian population evolved distinct "neanderthal" dna changes

via the - now, neanderthal-containing - hominids going "back to Africa", and getting jiggy (y)

Sponsored Links
Basically, AIUI, humans evolved both in Asia and Afrcia.
The Asian (neanderthals) spread accross Europe.
The Africans also spread north where they encountered the neanderthals in Europe and Asia.
There was some interbreeding and some conflict.
The Africans won the conflict and the neanderthals became extinct. But the interbreeding continued the DNA into modern day humans,

As has been suggestsed, the nenaderthal DNA was taken back into Africa by interbreeding

No I haven't read the article. I will do later.

I suppose it's possible that the neanderthals were earlier migrants from Afrcian evolutions.

Sponsored Links
I suppose it's possible that the neanderthals were earlier migrants from Afrcian evolutions.

I'd suggest it is far more likely that, than two distinct-but-capable-of-producing-fertile-offspring species arising entirely separately at the same time.

Occam's Razor and all that.

But if Neanderthals were African migrants then wouldn't they have the dna to show for it, without relying on human dna to take it back to Africa? Convergent evolution is a tidy theory but frays around the edges. 'Dragon Man' may have something to say about the Out of Africa' scenario.

Last edited:
Nobody wants to lead the green revolution if 1, it wont make any difference if nobody is following and 2, it will make your country disproportionately worse off and uncompetitive.

Back to the OP, the major manufacturers here have criticised govt a) for not telling them about the change, and b) messing up their investment and production plans. Reminiscent of Borris during brexhit saying f*ck business. Rishy is a worthy successor, a key plank of our environmental policy is in the hands of SPADS.

Blup

Back to the OP, the major manufacturers here have criticised govt a) for not telling them about the change, and b) messing up their investment and production plans. Reminiscent of Borris during brexhit saying f*ck business. Rishy is a worthy successor, a key plank of our environmental policy is in the hands of SPADS.

Blup

They could s hit on businesses but their dog supporters will always say they are the party of bizzness.

They argue they need to compete with China - well they have over a billion workers, India - the same over a billion workers.

So their plan is to circle the drain.

Never leaders always followers being a dog.

They could s hit on businesses but their dog supporters will always say they are the party of bizzness.

They argue they need to compete with China - well they have over a billion workers, India - the same over a billion workers.

So their plan is to circle the drain.

Never leaders always followers being a dog.
Chasing the red wall vote, if voted in it'll be time to sh*t on them again.

Sunak is supported by Braverman in backing away from environmental protection.

I wonder if he thinks it will win him votes in the approaching election.

No, a few people suggested there might be global cooling. It was never mainstream science or an accepted prediction.
Going by Earth's history, ice ages starting about 50 million years ago, with 17 over the last 2.5 million years, there was every reason to think another one would come along at some point, though maybe not by 2030 (from 1970s perspective). Whether it has been forestalled by anthropogenic global warming is anybody's guess.

Chasing the red wall vote, if voted in it'll be time to sh*t on them again.

Unfortunately the die has been cast - it's pouring with s hit if you vote Tory - look at the last decade - with labour I expect less of it - Brexit has been done and that will create more and more issues as it affects top line growth - so cuts will continue.

So tell me how do we grow our economy?

Sunak is supported by Braverman in backing away from environmental protection.

I wonder if he thinks it will win him votes in the approaching election.

They cannot grow the economy so have to use diversionary tactics to blame regulations and environment as the factors holding the UK back - it's the same old lies but they knew their dog supporters who love anything positioned as anti-green.

Its circling the drain politics and it's where there electorate live.

Crack Concrete schools - yeah I'll have some of that. Building regs - who needs them?

Sponsored Links
Back