This guy is bonkers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut5DXxK1dvk

I actually believe he is a qualified electrician, he seems to know all the theory behind what he is doing (windings on the iron core decrease through the video ) :eek: and one of his other videos shows a quite ingenious backup power device.

Still a madman!

Sponsored Links
Thats Photonicinduction for you :D

I have watched him for quite a while and I find him funny, also another person to watch on YT is BoomBoxDeluxe, he does some poppage with electrical bits.

Also if you are into plumbing, PlumberParts is on the same wavelenght of maddness, but he does do a good tutorial on plumbing!!!

I've been following this chap for a year or so ........ in some of his earlier videos he removes the secondary winding of a 20kVA transformer and replaces it with a few turns of 400mm sq. He understandings about the phasing of the windings so he obviously has some knowledge of the theory. He then proceeds to use this high current secondary to heat 1/4" steel bar to glowing red! How hes' never burnt his house down remains a mystery!

Sponsored Links
I've made a smaller version using a stripped down 200VA doughnut transformer with one turn on the secondary winding. Works a treat :D

Some of the stuff he does is made up though like when he says he is trying to destroy his incoming meter and you can clearly see it is on a test board !

You gotta love him :D

Although, his wife didn't - she left him not long after the fart bomb through the aircon pipe stunt…..

I've made a smaller version using a stripped down 200VA doughnut transformer with one turn on the secondary winding. Works a treat :D

I stripped the HV winding from a microwave transformer, and replaced it with two turns of 35mm tri rated. About 2-3v, and 600 ish amps. Couldn't let it draw for too long, as the tri rated got far too hot! Could easily melt bolts etc.

Had to really clamp the transformer down as it would vibrate loudly, like a buzzer!

Some of the stuff he does is made up though like when he says he is trying to destroy his incoming meter and you can clearly see it is on a test board !
I understand the meter was also on the secondary of the transformer, since on the primary the current would be nowhere near that of the secondary. If he drew 500 amps from the primary his cutout would blow (you would hope!)

Very little of what he does is 'fake'. In this video it is 'jesty fakeness'. He is not trying to pull the wool over your eyes!

He always does some good vids.

this guy is totally insane but truely ingenious, I have watched all his videos. Obviously he is not stupid and probably more expert than any of us on here, obviously for him to be equipped with all these high voltage transformers he must have worked for electricity distribution company.
and that may well be for National Grid

Most 17th edition qualified electricians don't even know what a high voltage transformer looks like let alone getting hold of one.

this guy is totally insane but truely ingenious, I have watched all his videos. Obviously he is not stupid and probably more expert than any of us on here, obviously for him to be equipped with all these high voltage transformers he must have worked for electricity distribution company.
and that may well be for National Grid

Most 17th edition qualified electricians don't even know what a high voltage transformer looks like let alone getting hold of one.

You don't have to work for a DNO to get access to surplus equipment..

Most surplus or old kit is recycled, not donated or given away. There's money in waste! It's a disciplinary matter if workers at our DNO take any waste or unwanted kit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back