ThisIsAbout@df _ert$

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may be getting old.

Some adverts I just don't get.

The latest one is the Argos as with the girl and the green Dino toy.

What the heck is going on?

Sponsored Links
”From toys (Dino) to tech (Bose music player) to homeware (cushion) there’s more at Argos".

I liked that Cadbury chocolate add with the gorilla playing the drums
( in the air tonight)

Although it had nowt to do with chocolate ????????

Sponsored Links
”From toys (Dino) to tech (Bose music player) to homeware (cushion) there’s more at Argos".
Yeah, but what's the interaction between the girl and the Dino?

Maybe I'm going too deep, but if it was just about advertising the range of products available at Argos why bother animating them?

Yeah, but what's the interaction between the girl and the Dino?

Maybe I'm going too deep, but if it was just about advertising the range of products available at Argos why bother animating them?
I dunno. Sometimes, I can’t even work out who is selling what to who in some adverts!

I can't open this thread in my usual browser, Firefox. I had to copy the address and open it in Brave.
What's going on?
I can open it on my phone. (Brave)

Last edited:
I can't open this thread in my usual browser, Firefox. I had to copy the address and open it in Brave.
What's going on?
I can open it on my phone. (Brave)
Nor I, in Firefox . This is Chrome. "Advert" blocker, maybe.;)

This is Chrome. "Advert" blocker, maybe

I have to disable my ad blocker to read this thread other wise I get this,

Page could not be loaded​

The requested page could not be loaded.
  • Check your internet connection and try again.
  • Certain browser extensions, such as ad blockers, may block pages unexpectedly. Disable these and try again.
  • DIYnot may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Reload

Try again - title is changed :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be getting old.

Some adverts I just don't get.

The latest one is the Argos as with the girl and the green Dino toy.

What the heck is going on?

Same here. Some adverts I don't even know what they're advertising, There's one with Claudia Winkleman at present advertising something called Cannaray that you squirt into your mouth with an eye dropper. What is all that about? They don't say what it's for. Then there were adverts recently for Alpacin caffine shampoo, but the adverts never tell you what the benefits or advantages are of caffine to your hair.

However, there are still some brilliant tv ads, like the one from Smarty. Simple, but very funny - even if just for the raised eyebrows. Perfectly sums up the stupidity of the modern age where people follow like sheep and have to have the latest thing that just complicates their lives. And the bone headedness of those who get their phones out and start tapping away just to pay for something for 60p in Aldi (had this the other day when queueing at checkout) - when a quid coin would be so much simpler.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back