Thorn Back Boiler Blowing Fuse?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to get this boiler replaced very soon, and sod's law it has just started to play up. The boiler was wired up wrong, but in 2008 with excellent advice from D.Hailsham on this forum I wired it correctly.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1031849#1031849

It has worked faultlessly until this weekend. I first tried using the central heating, and I heard a loud pop from the boiler area and the fuse in the fused spur that provides the live to the boiler blew. This spur has a 5 amp fuse fitted. I replaced the fuse and now it is blowing regardless if it is hot water or heating selected. It is always accompanied by a loud popping noise from the back boiler first then it goes. Obviously the boiler is going to have to come out as I have read about burned wires etc. I just wondered if anybody has any idea what could be causing the loud pop noise from the boiler area. It is the only noise I can describe it as.

Thanks for any help, the boiler is a Thorn Housewarmer Epic. The boiler was last serviced in October last year.

Sponsored Links
You havnt got rats or mice chomping the cables have you?
You really need to get an RGI TO LOOK at it.
Get it serviced at same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back