thorn olympic boiler

Sponsored Links
do one of the BG people know when this boiler went on the "can't insure list"?

may differ from patch to patch i can only comment for where i work. we generally go out on a first visit and check everythings working ok and safe, and advise the customer on the availability parts. if theres no parts available we wont take it on a repair contract and only offer a service contract. if theres only some parts available and not all (r.s.l) we tell the customer and give them a choice of the two contracts and advice um we cant change parts we cant get! in both case's id offer to get someone out to quote to replace the boiler

ollski,

we dont even know exactly what is wrong with it.
all we know is that it doesnt work and i cant get my little girl bathed!!
i didnt know about the reduced list, but do now, thank u 4 clearing that one up 4 me, i understand it a little more now.
we werent kept informed about the range of parts, like i said earlier... we were told one thing and believed it as they know more than we did, or so we thought!!!

and funnily enough, thats what they guy said who i got out to service the gas system after a bg guy turned everything off. (about transco!!)

hence, y i complained, but received no reply...

Sponsored Links
gas man gaz,

i did put on my last note, that most of them are trusting, i just hadnt met one yet.
it wasnt an insult 2 u, and i apologise if it did.
im sure like the majority of your trade, you can be trusted.
however, there are a few bad ones, who give u gud guys a bad name

FAO NICKSO

how dare u???

how dare i what? question your, so far, dubious story?

i wanted boiler repare cover, so if it broke they could fix it, as when we moved in it did work.

and it continued to work and you had 3 services.

they new the age of boiler and we didnt.

you had absolutely no idea it was an aging relic then?

Abd as far as the parts go, we were told that when it was serviced the last time, tha parts had not been available for around 5 years.

i dont believe everything you are saying but as i cant prove that you are making some of this up for sympathy lets assume you have been told nothing about the parts that are no longer available, and now you have been told they were stopped 5 years ago.

according to the computer there are 6 olympic models listed. of those 6, 4 are RSL and 2 are listed with full parts availability. i would suspect that the heatexchanger is the only part you will not get for any model. the RSL boilers are listing around 88 parts each, although most of them are special order form the manufacturer. all olympics were discontinued in 1987.

I am only going on what i have been told by so called professionals, so dont u dare start throwing abuse at me.!!!!!!!

try getting your story right before you play the poor innocent victim card.

nickso is on the wrong planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this from the man who gets h/e's repaired and doesnt even know what they are made of.

your statement is based on what? your in depth knowledge of either the OP's situation? or of BG's terms and conditions policy and a personal knowledge of the engineers involved?

i think she has been misled to a certain degree, i just want to see how far her story changes.

nickso, havent you got anything else to do apart from sitting on your computer and making a knob of your self

oh and we werent told to replace it.
Oh, and 24 hour call out werent included.
As our boiler once broke late in the evening in the winter, and when we phone on the friday, we were not contacted again till the following monday,

So why dont you keep you 'valuable' comments to yourself!!

sorry i missed this post.

24 hour callouts are included under certain circumstances.

if your child was under 2 at the time then you were perfectly entitiled to a call out at any hour of the day.

instead of patronizing people, why dont you do what is intended of this internet site and actually use your experience to help ( i say experience instead of knowledge because we all may be knowledable in some discipline, which you have no idea) which makes you a knob in my opinion..

instead of patronizing people, why dont you do what is intended of this internet site and actually use your experience to help ( i say experience instead of knowledge because we all may be knowledable in some discipline, which you have no idea) which makes you a knob in my opinion..

Maybe he just doesn't want to help you? :D

nickso, there is no need to call every one that has a negative experience with bg is lying. even you have said that the bg system can fail some people.

i hope you not a typical example of how bg treats there customers.

sorry i didnt realise you were american. ill slow down a bit for you. :D

your post didnt make a great deal of sense. i do try to help but i dont suffer fools like yourself gladly.

you are entitled to your opinion and i to mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back