thorn olympic boiler

nickso, there is no need to call every one that has a negative experience with bg is lying. even you have said that the bg system can fail some people.

i hope you not a typical example of how bg treats there customers.

actually i didnt mean to imply she was an outright liar but merely challenged in the memory department.

her story has changed a bit and she does seem to be bereft of some of the facts. i take your point that i may have been a little but harsh on her and as you know i fully admit BG is far from perfect.

i still contend, admittedly with no evidence whatsoever, that in 2 years it is very improbable that not one engineer had a discussion with the OP about replacing the boiler and the current parts situation. and, as has been well documented on here, the customer is sent regular letters advising on parts and the age of the boiler on the speculative hope they will ask for a quote.

Sponsored Links
FAO NICKSO

IM NOT A PROFESSIONAL!!!

im not playing any sympathy or victim card,

I DONT NEED IT, I HAVE A 3 YR OLD DAUGHTER THAT I CANT BATH, THATS ENOUGH OF A GUILTY FEELING FOR ME.

i signed up for this website, hoping there may be some knowledgible people able to give me ideas on a solution, to either getting it fixed, or information on the different types of boilers and which may be best for us.
Some have been helpful, and i thank them for that.
However, im not fantastic at telling stories, but i shouldnt be patronized for not knowing anything about boilers or how they work.
I must admit, i didnt do much research about the boiler, i did a bit, but i kept going to websites which i didnt understand the professional lingo.....

You shouldnt be nasty to people who moan about british gas, if anything, if people have a low view (as it appears they do) why dont you try bin nice to people, that in turn may make people me nicer to you and if everyone in your company decided to do the same, they would become a better company very quickly.
I cant c how you say my story has changed, ive just unfortunately, didnt put it in rite order, which is my fault, but dont deserve to be slagged off by ticked off plumbers.
i would like to thank you, as finally (from what ive truthfully told u) you do believe i have been mislead to a certain degree, and maybe i am at fault for not doing proper research..
i cant honestly c how my stories have changed, just my argument on different points.

thank you also for informing me about the 24 hour callouts, i was unaware of that, she will as it happened have been under 2, but that doesnt matter now.....

as for your next comment, the only letters we received were the letters with the monthly payment dates and amounts on.
We got 1 gas bill for our pre-payment meter is nearly 2 years.....
Hand on heart, not one engineer mentioned anything about quotes, that may have been that they presumed i already knew age of boiler.
but, i agree, it would have been nice for him to quote us for a new one....but no one did.
They came straight in, looked at boiler, did a few things, and the first time, he turned all gas off at mains, i was annoyed but i presumed that was procedure, for safety.
He did gave me the print out that they had serviced it, but had been turned off for safety.
no body came round from bg 4 a few months, as i got a local firm out, how serviced it and told me that it was fine, and he couldnt see a reason why it had been turned off at mains.
they came round again to service it b4 the agreement started, and i was told told that the boiler had passed its safety check, and that i would receive my documentation shortly.

i apologise for the long winded essay, i get very defensive when i am been accused of not telling the truth, but lets face it, on a internet site, how can i prove it.
Some people will have they mind set that i am a liar, just out for sympathy.
Others may change there opinions....

thanks for reading, and thanks for your help and advise.

we did receive a quote from british gas, for replacing the boiler, an additional radiator and replacement of the hot water lead piping, the quote came in at around £4400, cant remember exact figure as the quote went straight in the bin......

Sponsored Links
ooo another post thats changed into bg bashin! :LOL:

Probably with some good reason gaz, salesmen are getting greedy and lots of engineers getting lazy and disillusioned with the sales priority. I would hazard a guess that at your last team brief more time was spent on leads, upgrades and cod generation than on customer satisfaction.

Personnally I think you should all thank BG for doing a good job :evil: :evil:

For over 35 years when I ran my own Company, I could knock off a £1000-£1500 with any BG price and do very well thank you very much.

It still apply's today and you don't even have to get out of bed to quote.

If you get the job then you can pay a site visit and write down all the details.

i dint say if it wa right or not ollski :LOL: iam keepin quiet!
to be honest my last team brief wa more about pumps! if ya a bg lad ya might no wat iam on about :rolleyes:

You still arguing about pumps is it still how much more expensive grunfoss are to the shi#e myson

not quite, i always fit grunfoss and i think every bg lad i work with does.. they are wanting us to fit jus the head of the pump because its cheaper and that led on to a arguments about blocked portings then to blocked cold feeds and then to fitting diverter valve seal kits and it jus went on and on

but i shouldnt be patronized for not knowing anything about boilers or how they work.

Excuse me for pointing this out, but a few posts ago you were planning on installing a combination boiler plus all of the pipework. Just out of interest, exactly how did you see this plan working out?

Gasman gaz ...You can thank me for that one it was part of a project i done just before i left on cost savings to the company it was implimeted in some areas straight away , it was partly to get away from the company making us fit mysons because they where £3 cheaper but where costing us a fortune in recalls for noise.
Believe it or not there is over 6 million a year of a saving to the company by using pump heads iinstead of complete pumps.

I had access to national part centre data on everything regards costs amount of units used/ pump valves /pump adaptors/liners etc etc. A complete grunfoss to the company was £19 where as a head was £16 but when you added all the extras in such a valves etc and quite a lot of cylinders that had got damaged when people chopped pump nuts off it soon added up.. Then when you get onto pumps with special housings the saving was temendous and it all helped with team eward and patch budgets

Agree not every pump is suitable for head change but it can be far eaier just to change head..

Other thing was universal fire t/couples saved us a fortune ,standing there giving a brief to top managers when one asked how did you find out about these if we don`t stock them.. Told him a pile of shi#e instead of saying i use them on private jobs.

not quite, i always fit grunfoss and i think every bg lad i work with does.. they are wanting us to fit jus the head of the pump because its cheaper and that led on to a arguments about blocked portings then to blocked cold feeds and then to fitting diverter valve seal kits and it jus went on and on

the best thing to do is nod sagely at these meetings and then just do whatever you want.

it was the same thing a few months back with that ridiculous fan reconditiong brief.

the whole myson/grunfos pump thing got out of hand. thankfully grunfos were ****ing it because they were a few pallets a day short when we started using that myson nonsense.......thank the lord of all pumps they made the decision to give us the blue version.

It`s crazy that 9 years down the line the same arguments are still going on use myson to save money but they don`t last are shi#e noisy pumps that the will jam up far easier than a grunfoss and cost a fortune on revisits. Accountants should be shot..Don`t get me going about the arguments i had with them regards plumbing cover times having CH job times used on them

:LOL: exactly wat i do nickso! did ya get the briefing about ringin tsm's before ordering a pcb aswell?

i can see ya point namsag, i jus get stuck in my ways.. like wen i take a pump out i like to open both valves into a bag to make sure theres a good flow through um and check there's no blockages.. i do jus fit the heads on the combi's tho :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back