Thr Classic car show.

Sponsored Links
Restored many cars over the years, mainly Triumph and MG, my second car was a MK III Spitfire and that was the beginning of a lifelong love affair. Possibly the prettiest and most interesting car I restored was a 1962 Series II Sunbeam Alpine, picked this beauty up for £100 (those were the days) and probably spent about 3-4K on her. Shortly after that I was offered 8K but wasn't interested in selling at that time, prices had gone through the roof for various reasons but what goes up always comes crashing down so when I eventually let the old girl go she fetched 4.5K

IMG_20210330_165127_resized_20210330_050141203 (1).jpg

My mate where I keep my cars
Has a classic car scrapyard

some thing like 40 old cars up here

jags
Daimler
Numerous minors
Armstrong Siddeleys saphires ?
Rover 100 s
MGs
Wolslys
Land rovers
Range rovers
2 early V8 rovers P1 s I think
Sunbeam rapier I think

Sponsored Links
2 Ford Sierras here

a V reg Volvo 242 DL left hand drive ???

Vauxhall cavalier

yes

he is a hoarder of cars and car parts place is rammed with old cars and car parts

In my teens Sunday mornings were, subject to waking up, primarily for wandering round breakers yards looking for 'stuff'. Those were the days when the cars were stacked four high and nobody seemed to mind if you climbed up to the top car looking for 'stuff', sometimes you had to climb up a few cars a bit sharpish when one of their bastard dags got loose.

I arranged to take a girl out for a Sunday lunchtime drink once and told her I'd pick her up early at about 11 and took her round a couple of breakers yards over Iver way, I think I made quite an impression on her, we're still together.

Those were the days when the cars were stacked four high and nobody seemed to mind if you climbed up to the top car looking for 'stuff', sometimes you had to climb up a few cars a bit sharpish when one of their bastard dags got loose.

If I recall correctly, the dogs were usually named 'Satan'.

Sponsored Links
Back