Thr Classic car show.

Saw this in Sainsbury's this morning.

2900EEBA-B632-406E-B3BA-BC0151AC82A4.jpeg

Sponsored Links
They have very complicated suspension hydraulics systems
Have you ever owned one?

I had a BX for several years and still miss it. Suspension is brilliant. no more complicated than 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. Self levelling, supple, variable constant ride height and variable rate - so the more the car is loaded the firmer the springing. The complexity statements was due to lack knowledge. To change a 'suspension sphere' (the spring) takes a few minutes. The pipework is easily available and no more difficult to change than brake pipes.
Ride height is selectable from the drivers seat.
I'd have wet suspension any day.

Sponsored Links
I had a petrol CF Bedford van 2 litre

think they used the same engine as a Vauxhall victor

and that mpg was dire 12 / 10 to the gallon ??

4 speed box and 1st was that low u never needed it
Really? had my dads 2.3 low compression version - 25 to 28 to the gallon. (double bed in front of the back doors!)

Have you ever owned one?

I had a BX for several years and still miss it. Suspension is brilliant. no more complicated than 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. Self levelling, supple, variable constant ride height and variable rate - so the more the car is loaded the firmer the springing. The complexity statements was due to lack knowledge. To change a 'suspension sphere' (the spring) takes a few minutes. The pipework is easily available and no more difficult to change than brake pipes.

no but there is a fella who runs a cafe down this way I know who restored one , his is the later model

first generation were a bit of a disaster when they were released

if I recall citroen had to set up a dedicated warranty call out division for the model

main dealers were not happy

posted all the issues up about this model in here a good while back , some of it was really amateur time

Really? had my dads 2.3 low compression version - 25 to 28 to the gallon. (double bed in front of the back doors!)

All that friction at the back doors created at least 10 to the gallon....

yes really afaik they brought this van out in a hurry to combat the transit

afaik it was the same engine as was in the Vauxhall Victor ?? which did not fit so it was sort of turned on its side and shoe horned into
the engine bay

mine was a petrol van , dire fuel consumption

Have you ever owned one?

I have to agree with that. I had a short spell in a Citreon dealership. They were new to me and were a bit quirky but the guys who were used to working on them loved them.

afaik it was the same engine as was in the Vauxhall Victor ?? which did not fit so it was sort of turned on its side and shoe horned into
the engine bay
I did my apprenticeship on them. The engine was on a slant whatever vehicle they were in. Victors, Viva GTs, Firenza's, Magnums, Chevette HS, Panther Lima's and CF vans.

To change a 'suspension sphere' (the spring) takes a few minutes. The pipework is easily available and no more difficult to change than brake pipes.
Reminds me of my Metro and the hydragas system - it had surprisingly good ride and handling for a small hatch.
...and it's a very sorry sight to behold, when one of the hydragas units fails. A doddle to replace at the roadside, but then you have to tootle along to a garage with a pump at quite a precarious angle! :ROFLMAO:

Same system as on my first car. Austin 1100. Had a leak on one side so I just kept letting the other side down. It was a low rider by the time I took the two nearside doors and B pillar off, wrapped it round a tree and exited through the windscreen onto the bonnet! 45 years later I still have the scars on my forehead and the top of my back to prove it!

That car seems perfectly at home in Essex. ;)

Imagining the driver - peroxide blonde, stilettos colour to match car.

Watch it or me and Mottie will come down and steal your tractors and drink your women...

Sponsored Links
Back