Three pin plug, cable out the top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does such a device exist? The plan is to fit under-cabinet kitchen lighting, plugged into a splash-back socket. It would be ideal if the cable left the plug upwards, and I realise it had better be a moulded plug due to liquid safety. Plan B would be to mount the socket upside down, probably illegal?

Many Thanks - braniff

Sponsored Links
You won't find one unfortunately, it's not allowed under BS1363-1.

"19.1 The entry of the flexible cord shall be between the current-carrying pins at the side of the plug opposite the earth pin."

You won't find one unfortunately, it's not allowed under BS1363-1.

"19.1 The entry of the flexible cord shall be between the current-carrying pins at the side of the plug opposite the earth pin."
Tlc sell these

CPP313.JPG

If it's an unswitched socket there should be no operational problems with it being inverted. An inverted switched socket could be a problem due to the switch being visually reversed.

Sponsored Links
Indeed.

Many thanks for all the advice. My original Qs are answered and I have options to consider.

Much appreciated - Regards - braniff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back