Tight Electricians

J

Johnmelad502

Replacing a plastic light switch today with a metal one and found one of the natural cable so short it was almost impossible to get back into its location.

Sparks, please leave some slack.

Sponsored Links
proberly was cut back to remove burnt out bit, due to DIY man fitting previous switch

Sponsored Links
dont blame us, i had some rouge builers (cant call them plasterers as the walls ended up 'c' shaped) chop my cables in one switch to the length of the box!!!!!

stop being pedantic.. i know what he meant.
What you call pedantry is actually a very important correction. Getting it wrong is a regular cause of people blowing fuses/tripping MCBs/damaging cables/damaging switches and ending up with no lights.

stop being pedantic.. i know what he meant.
What you call pedantry is actually a very important correction. Getting it wrong is a regular cause of people blowing fuses/tripping MCBs/damaging cables/damaging switches and ending up with no lights.

how many phone calls or call outs to lighting problems when the customer has tried to fit their own light and 'joined all the reds together and all the blacks'

It is important to use correct terminology and to flag switch wires, although my arguement every time is that if someone thinks that there is live (line) and neutral being connected directly across a switch then they shouldn't be changing that switch.

It is important to use correct terminology and to flag switch wires, although my arguement every time is that if someone thinks that there is live (line) and neutral being connected directly across a switch then they shouldn't be changing that switch.

But I did use the correct terminology. See picture in previous post. Those three blue wires are all neutrals, as they were on the switch I was referring to. :rolleyes:

Normally there a choc block at the back carrying the neutrals on loop in / out at the switch.

So why were you messing with neutrals when the switch change over wouldn't require you to do so ?

:LOL:

Normally there a choc block at the back carrying the neutrals on loop in / out at the switch.

So why were you messing with neutrals when the switch change over wouldn't require you to do so ?

:LOL:

Coz the customer disconected everything and then could not put it back together with his nice new metal switch. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back