Tight Electricians

Sponsored Links
stop being pedantic.. i know what he meant.
What you call pedantry is actually a very important correction. Getting it wrong is a regular cause of people blowing fuses/tripping MCBs/damaging cables/damaging switches and ending up with no lights.

It was a correction made on an assumption. You can, as you now know have a neutral in a light switch. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I already knew that you can have neutrals in switch boxes.

I also already knew that they would not be connected to the switch itself, and that it would not be necessary to remove them from the choc-block (or whatever) they were in in order to swap the switch.

What I did not know was that johnmelad's customer had unscrewed the old switch, disconnected the conductors in it, and then taken complete leave of his senses and disconnected conductors which were not in the old switch and wouldn't be going into the new one...

I also fail to see why it would be difficult to get it into it's location, given it's location is a terminal block?

I also fail to see why it would be difficult to get it into it's location, given it's location is a terminal block?

Getting the wire into the terminal block was very, very easy. Getting the terminal block into the space left (in the new switch) was the problem. Just a little extra slack would have made the job so much easier.

Spark123, are you picking up any work from Cockermouth/Workington?

I have three jobs to quote for tomorrow.

Nah, don't do domestics :p
Was in Workington today, bit quieter than normal.

I don't do domestics either, but watch out for two mobile banks arriving in Cockermouth in the next few days ;)

There's a few firms I know in Whitehaven who might be interested, one of which I have subbed for in the past. They may however be snowed under at the mo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back