Tightening Mascar bowl inlet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to add a Macar bowl inlet to my existing bowl and can't tighten it. Does anybody know whether there's a special/easy way to do it? Turning the outer ring compresses the seal and there are a couple of teeth that click as it turns. I've almost got to the first click but can't move it any further. I will be putting concrete around it but I'm guessing that I need it to click at least once.

Sponsored Links
The seal is very compressed but I can't get the ring to click. Any ideas whether this would be a problem? I'm going to put concrete around it anyway (to support the bricks above it etc., so it won't move.

The seal is very compressed but I can't get the ring to click. Any ideas whether this would be a problem? I'm going to put concrete around it anyway (to support the bricks above it etc., so it won't move.

I'm gonna be trying to do the same thing in the next few weeks.. Did you manage it? do you have any tips?

Sponsored Links
I'm gonna be trying to do the same thing in the next few weeks.. Did you manage it? do you have any tips?

I tried tightening after a couple of months and it clicked.

If it's like my one then you will need to carefully chisel concrete from under the bricks and then re-concrete and mortar after. Getting the right angle for the fall can be difficult too as you need to get it right before you tighten. My fall is a little steep, but only for a short distance before the first bend. The blanks inside should come out with a screwdriver etc. The blanks had some sort of sealant on them so it took a bit of force.

Thanks for the reply Peter500,

Mine is sort of hanging though the concrete slab in my alleyway and sitting on a load of gravel/building waste, good to know that it's doable. My new connection will be to a 4meter pipe that will form the new soil pipe for my garage conversion.

Although the inlet was £60 with delivery it should be considerably cheaper than connecting in to the public sewer that runs below everything.

full

Well I did it, but jeez was it hard. I spent 2hours trying get it in position and then could only tightening it to just before the first click. Tried again the next morning and pushed so hard my thumbs are bruised, this time it needed to rotate about 4 more mm, I took a cricket stump and a rubber mallet and gave it a tap and hey presto it locked.

Let's hope the BCO is happy as it's not coming off again.

Well I did it, but jeez was it hard. I spent 2hours trying get it in position and then could only tightening it to just before the first click. Tried again the next morning and pushed so hard my thumbs are bruised, this time it needed to rotate about 4 more mm, I took a cricket stump and a rubber mallet and gave it a tap and hey presto it locked.

Let's hope the BCO is happy as it's not coming off again.

Sounds like you had a similar experience to me :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back