Tile and Grout in One Day?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going to be using almost 6sqm of Wickes Bathroom Wall tiles. Link below.

Can I have the walls tiled and grouted in a day? If so, which adhesive do LC Bathroom 2.jpg I buy? Also, I am leaving the old tiles on one of the walls. Pics attached.

I have posted on Checkatrade for a tiler.

https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Bevelled-Edge-White-Gloss-Ceramic-Wall-Tile-300-x-200mm/p/166217#

Attachments

• LC Bathroom 3.jpg
    LC Bathroom 3.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 213
Sponsored Links
To answer your question, if using powdered adhesive and grout, yes it's fine to fix and grout the same day. I expect a tiler would do all 6m² in a day.

Oh, I'd imagine that you will get lots of people on checkatrade telling you that they can do it all in one day.

And what about the silicone sealant? That can not be applied on the same day.

The last few sites that I have worked on where they had checka type tilers I got the impression that each of them cut corners so that they could get in and out as quickly as possible. ALL of them tiled over plaster without using SBR (or similar) first. They obviously didn't want to turn up for 2 hours to prime the surfaces and then wait until the next day before they could tile.

If I needed a tradesman I would ask friends for recommendations, I would not use those kind of sites. At a guess 10 per cent of people on those sites are quality the rest are chancers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back