Tile cutter and spacers

Thanks @opps.
Can I check that you also get chipped corners when sliding a tile through normally? I get this every time, irrespective of whether I go slow or fast with the cut. I don’t think anyone else has acknowledged experiencing the same issue.

On to your solution, how far do I go with the tile only cut before I introduce the supporting tile please?

Thanks for your help

To be honest, I have only experienced the issue when the blade starts to become blunt.

When working with a blunt blade I push the tile through and as I get 5cm or so from the end of the cut I then introduce the offcut, with which I then push the tile.

In an ideal world I wouldn't be using a blunt blade but sometimes it happens.

For the record, even when using a cheap machine, a better quality blade can massively improve cuts. However, I completely understand that someone who buys a cheap cutter might find it difficult to justify buying a blade that cost more then unit. Sorry, that statement is not intended to malign anyone else, we all have budgets that we need to adhere to.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back