Tile cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I will be tilling two bathrooms and a kitchen in a couple weeks time(130 sq mts)

Could anyone recommend a good tile cutter please. What size blade should i go for? How many watts do i need? what else do i need to look out for?

Something not to expensive ( just for diy) but need to do a good job

Sponsored Links
are you doing walls and floors? strait cuts or curved.
if strat cute a hand operated will be the cheapest but buy a 20 to 24 inch incase you might someday want to do 24 inch tiles.
If curved or wall socket cut outs are in order you might buy a medium priced wet saw and cut sockets from the reverse side
Eigther way measure, measure ,measure

A good quality hand cutter is fine for straight cuts; make sure it has the capacity to cut the thickness of tile you plan to use.

For cutting shapes, a carbide grit blade in a variable-speed jigsaw (if you already have one) will work very well. It may also be worth getting some inexpensive tile drills

Sponsored Links
Xerxes is correct - if the curved cut is close to edge of the tile you can buy a hand coping saw with carbide rope blade and do it by hand

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back