Tile ID

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick check, can anyone please confirm is these are 'ludlow major' tiles? (pic attached) I need a vent tile for a fan, there seem to be a few concrete tiles of this type.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20181028_124125.jpg
    IMG_20181028_124125.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Marley ludlow major or redland renown, a square on close up picture would help more. if you go for a klober vent tile they fit both

Sponsored Links
I doubt they are Majors. The profiles are too curved. Majors are more squared off.

rudeboy,
just sayin but
you fascia an sofitt could be rottin - thers signs of a previous repair - because water from the roof is missin the gutter an gettin down the back an soakin the render below.
the felt an tiles should project over the gutter by about 40mm or so.
the lead bridgin soaker at the angle should be another 50mm forward.
thers holes bored in the fascia - for ventilation?
the first course of tile dont seem to have bird combs fitted?

Thanks, bobasd. My daughter's place. Little or no external maintenance in at the very least, 5 years. The roof tiles seem in good nick, but felting is very old and in a poor state. Think you are right about soffits and gutters. Will get a roofer to install the vent, and maybe give the place a once to see what is about to fail first!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back