Tile levelling wedges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just come across this concept from my builders who told me to order these rather than Kriss cross type tile spacers.

How do they work exactly and how are they better than ordinary tile spacers? Are they a new concept?

Also, which make / or buy from where, do you recommend? I have will have 5 bathrooms to do as well as 150m2 of ground floor floor tiling.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Never heard of them.

So I consulted MRGoogle.
And he told me to watch:

I did wonder how the heck they remove them once all has dried, until I watched:
I think these ones are available from Screwfix.

Might try these myself next time I tile a floor.

Amateurish.
Makes me think about the brick laying device sold on late nights shopping channels.

Sponsored Links
I have seen these being used in displays being made up at high end bathroom and tile places like Porcelanosa and my builders say that do make for a better finish.

They are useful for larger format tiles and really do help to avoid lippage. They will also pull warped tiles back straight and hold them while the adhesive sets, sometimes that's needed with the long floorboards type tiles otherwise you'll never avoid lippage. I buy shmox clips online (no bennymultifinish, I'm not affiliated the shmox :)) and tend to use 1.5mm ones and just put whatever tile spacers I'm using in between. The base of the clips can sometimes be quite thick so I use a 10mm notch or larger, depends what tiles your using and how flat the substrate is.

Thanks. Anyone here used Kerakoll biogel no limits flexible tile adhesive? If so any recommendations / comments ie good or bad? Is it a premium product?

i use 2mm pegs and rubi level system on 600x300 and over, tiles are not as good these days,

kerakoll is good bit runny for me , i like ardex

Yes, a 2mm clip will give a 2mm grout line. Personally I use a smaller clip in conjunction with a larger spacer, then the clip is free to move when being knocked out the next day. I've heard of tight clips chipping thin glazes when being knocked out.

I haven’t come across sites which recommend using the Old style tile spacers With the new clip system. Isn’t it supposed to be one or the other?

There are no rules regarding this, just do what you feel comfortable with.

I think that's because of what he said about the clips chipping the glaze when knocked out - they wont mention that. :)

If you put a larger tile spacer in with a 1mm clip, then surely the joint will no longer be 1mm so you lose the desired effect?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back