Tile on top of Laminate Tile - Outdoor Table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I am a total DIY amateur so I could do with some help!

I have a patio table and chairs that have what I'm guessing is laminated tile on top. Over the years winter frosts have damaged the table and I would like to re-tile it with glass tiles.

My questions are:
Can I just tile on top of what is already there? (the furniture is exposed to the weather all year round)
Are glass tiles suitable for this use?
Do I need to use any special grout/sealant to protect the finished product from the elements?
The centre part comes out and is sometimes used as a fire-pit - does that effect what I can use for this project?

This is the table I'm planning to tile:

These are the type of tile I'm planning to use:

Sponsored Links
So using glass mosaics to tile over a delaminating out door table that has a fire pit in the middle. What could possibly go wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
lol - well that's why I'm asking the questions!

I guess you're telling me that my plan isn't workable. If that's the case could you suggest an alternative please? It's why I'm here after all :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back