Tile paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am looking for cheap and quick fixes, for sorting out my nasty tiles. I was wondering how effective tile paint was, and if it leaves a good finish? I have nasty green tiles in the kitchen, and i would prefer a magnolia finish, how effective would tile paint be for this?

Sponsored Links
Well for a temporary freshen-up get some International tile primer and tile paint. Apply with a foam roller. Follow the instructions and it looks alright, but be warned, it's easily damaged.

We had very 'nasty' tiles in our bathroom (floor to ceiling!) and used tile paint (international). This was about 4 years ago I've just go round to re-tiling the bathroom now and it lasted well.

As gcol says it is better applied with a foam roller and I think we used several coats to get a good coverage ( 3?).

There was a choice between combined primer and undercoat or seperate primer and undercoat. I think we tried both and found that the combined one seemed to work better.

You need to clean the tiles well before priming and be careful about runs/brush marks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back