tile sliver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have read the post regarding how to lay out tiles in this forum and found it very informative however i have bumped into a snag. I have to re-tile my bathroom and there is a perpendicular wall that is only 260mm wide ( it acts as the opening to access the toilet). I know that i should lay out in a symmetric way however the size of my tiles is 200mm. What is the best way to lay out on that wall?
1) Cut two tiles about 130mm each
2) Full 200mm tile plus a 60mm sliver.
Thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
option 1 ideally, but either way you should have no problem cutting that amount off, 60mm is more than possible

Hi tpt and thanks for answering. It is not for cutting 60mm that i am worried about but rather for looks. How would it look a whole tile and a 60mm cut esthetic wise? For that reason, would my 1st option be a better one? Ta.

It's the first but who goes around looking at grout lines?

Sponsored Links
1st option all the way but chances are your the only one that would notice if you used option 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back