Tile trim question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so, got 9.5mm tiles that are wavy (Trinity Architect from Tile Giant if anyone is interested).
The guy at the shop said i'd need a 10mm square edge profile trim, but that surely only leaves me 0.5mm for adhesive if the measurement of tile and trim are exact.
Would it be better to find an 11mm or 12mm trim? I've seen some but they aint cheap.
The trim is for the window reveal only and a vertical external corner where we've boxed in the soil pipe.
Also, due to the layout of the tiles, i can't get a full tile to finish at the edge of the window thus leaving a nice straight line, so would it be best to put the trim behind those tiles so that their cut edge inserts into the trim and then butt up the tiles in the reveal to the trim as the cut edges of those will be towards the window?

Hope that makes some sense.

Your advice would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
Take a tile out of the pack and see how much clearance you get on the 10mm trim in the shop before buying it. I'd normally go for a 12mm trim on a 9.5mm tile. Alu silver effect will be cheaper than a stainless steel one (assuming you want some kind of silver finish). Wickes might be cheaper than the tile shop.

Your plan for how to use the trim sounds spot on.

Thanks matey,
Got home and the wife wants to match the colour of the grout if possible, so beigey PVC trim then. o_O
Once the tiles arrive I’ll take a snippet with me around the DIY sheds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back