Tiled shed roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shed with tile roof that needs replacing, could use some advice. So it's pretty sturdy, made by the former owner who was a builder, the tiles need replacing
IMG_20200503_100435[1].jpg
and I'm up for doing it but not done any roof tiles before so could use some tips and I'm also wondering whether it would be better to go for something more lightweight, not as quaint and all that, but I imagine as the wood ages the heavy roof might not be a great idea.
IMG_20200503_100429[1].jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
What makes you think it need replacing?
Might not be clear from pics, but the tiles have eroded quite a lot, in places completely to revel the underlay. The gutter was pretty much full of quite large tile fragments

That is a great idea actually, thanks
So is this ;) look up roofingsuperstore.co.uk then look at Katepal hexagonal bitumen roofing shingles. Look good on my summerhouse. The fitters kindly left me a load spare .:whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back