Tiler charging extra at end of job diamond pattern tiling??

"he can do it"

so why did he make such a mess in the first place????

i would suggest someone with such low skills or pride as far as tiling is concerned should not be allowed to touch tiles never mind redo them

is the money /material costs coming out off his pocket ??

Sponsored Links
The idea is to save the dado. They say it'll come off. If it doesn't or comes off in bits then yes then obviously it will have to be replaced at their cost.

The diamond area to be retiled is 3 metres squared. I have plenty of excess tiles due to the fact they measured up and told me I needed 26 metres of tile, so I ordered 30 m to be safe.

There is 8.5 metres left over?? £220 worth :(

its sounds like your going to be £520 out off pocket anyway what ever happens but hopefully with a decent finish :eek:

Is that the £520 extra for the diamond pattern work you mean?

I spoke to the project manager about that. It was £52 he meant. The "0" was a mis type. Seems cheap for an extra week of work, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sponsored Links
The setting out was wrong in the first place, or he didn't do any setting out - inexperienced tilers will come unstuck with diamond/triangular patterns esp. where the tile tips meet.
Any errors go exponential in two or three tile.

Personally, because i only tile occasionally, i might take a complicated layout to a clean sheet of ply on a bench ( or the floor ) and dry-fit, set it out, by trial and error.

From the pics i should say that it all needs to come off, and be done properly. On larger sites, or contract work, it would not fly - not for a minute.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back