1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiles on wall that isn’t straight

Discussion in 'Tiling' started by Jupiter01, 4 May 2019.

1. Jupiter01

Jupiter01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I’m tiling a shower enclosure and have fixed new moisture boards but despite my best efforts, one of the walls is not perfectly vertical! Do I just tile on this wall or should I try to address with more adhesive across the top (to make vertical)?

I’m unclear on how this will affect the internal corner of the tiles (where the two tiled walls meet)

I welcome any advice. Thanks in advance.

2. EddieM

EddieM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Oh Lord :rolleyes: depends, how far out of vertical is it, is a uniform lean? a small uniform lean can be "rectified" whilst bedding the tiles.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jupiter01

Jupiter01

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I would say small difference but could I just follow the wall? What issues does this present?

I’m planning to use silicone across the internal corner.

4. EddieM

EddieM

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Certainly a possibility, if a small uniform lean, then the only visible sign of this would be in the corners, but how noticeable that is depends on the extent of the lean.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lostinthelight

lostinthelight

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you have a lean on one wall its the adjacent one will need some correction so get the tile layout right to give a wider tile so the increasing tile width at the top is less noticable...if you get my drift?