Tiling bathroom

SL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have plasterboard walls and will tank around the bath, but what should I use to fill the gaps where two sheets of plasterboard meet.

Can I tile directly on to plasterboard where it has not been tanked or does it need some type of primer / pva

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have plasterboard walls and will tank around the bath, but what should I use to fill the gaps where two sheets of plasterboard meet.

If you mean the internal corners then use the tape that comes in the tanking kit.

Can I tile directly on to plasterboard where it has not been tanked or does it need some type of primer / pva

You can go straight onto the plasterboard, a proper tile primer not PVA will give you a longer working time.

Jason

I had not thought about the corners, I was meant were two sheets of plasterboard butt up to each other on the same wall, one edge is cut, so not 100% straight, gap about 2 or 3mm is some places. Should I use tape for this or just fill it adhesive?

Sponsored Links
If its in the shower area then you will definatley need to tape it,if not in the shower area then it will depend on where the join falls under the tiles,if it falls close to a grout line then it would be best tape it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back