Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Over the week-end, I'm gonna tile a bathroom in a house some
miles away from where I live, so to save time I plan to tile and
grout at the same time.

Now, on the tub of tile adhesive, the instructions say that after
tiling it is best to wait 24 hours before grouting.

Does it matter ? Is it really that important to leave it for 24 hrs ?

Can anyone advise ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
When manufacurers put things like leave, wait etc...its usually after intensive testing...but try it if it works you saved a trip..if it didnt so what, you can correct it.
Although saying that, is leaving it for 24 hours in a room at 5degrees the same as leaving in a room at about 22 degrees for 24 hours, I would think not. :idea:

You could do it if you use a quick setting powdered adhesive but its not as easy to use, and it is still better to let all the moisture come out before grouting.

If using readymixed a lot will depend on the absorbancy of the wall and tile, longer if porcelain than ceramic. The premixed acrylics can be at their weakest while firm but still moist. If the tiles start comming off you will end up having to make another trip anyway!

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back