tiling on linoleum

mmc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen has fake tiles (linoleum sheet) that was then painted over by the previous owner. Can I lay tiles on top of this, or do I have to try to remove the linoleum, repair the wall and then tile it?

Sponsored Links
Lino on the walls :eek: Blimey we had that in our 1950`s Council house........Dado-lin it was called over here in UK..........you may be better off asking on a US site or @ Home Depot ;) ...........Dad painted over ours way back

My house is over 100 years old. I'm guessing the kitchen was last remodeled in the 40s or 50s, because it has Youngstown metal cabinets and an enameled combination dual-sink/drainboards. The backsplash is chrome and the counter is red linoleum. Yikes!

I guess I figure that if you can tile over tile (which I didn't know) why not tile over linoleum?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back