Tiling onto emulsion

Sponsored Links
i am confused now, i planned to score then prime then tile, then i changed my mind to steam and tile.

now i am thinking i should steam, prime and then tile. would this option be ok?

you wont need any primer
If using a cement based adhesive onto plaster you need to use a primer or the two can react and not provide a proper bond. http://www.biscem.co.uk/downloads/Biscem-TilingOntoPlasterAndRender.pdf[/QUOTE]

the waterproof adhesives have a "built in" primer so you dont need to prime. no reaction!

i use weber wr, straight onto plaster never ever had a problem.
Weber WR is an acrylic pre-mixed tub adhesive Jef. That's not a cement based product so no reaction. You'd only use a primer on a very porous surface with tub mixed.
If you look at one of Weber's cement based products http://www.netweber.co.uk/tile-fixi...-cement-based-tile-adhesives/weberset-wf.html and look under "preparation", you'll see "Prime porous or dusty surfaces. weber PR370 is normally recommended for most walls in dry areas. weber AD250 is recommended for wood, wet areas and floors. Allow the primer to dry."

what number on this list? if its long i should be right down!
Only about half a dozen on it - as of this morning, you're at number 5. ;)

check your pms too ya old g*t :LOL: :LOL:
Replied you tart.

i am confused now, i planned to score then prime then tile, then i changed my mind to steam and tile.

now i am thinking i should steam, prime and then tile. would this option be ok?
You've been given different advice from different people. What you need to do is decide which person's advice you are going to take and then go with that.

Sponsored Links
This is my first visit to the tiler's forum, I came here to ask if tiles could be laid on emulsion but I saw this thread.

So you're basically saying if it fails the gaffer tape test then get it off and never use PVA. Got it.

This is my first visit to the tiler's forum, I came here to ask if tiles could be laid on emulsion but I saw this thread.

So you're basically saying if it fails the gaffer tape test then get it off and never use PVA. Got it.

absolutely

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back