tiling over plumbing joints?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i have water plumbing joints (push fit) in the floor of my kitchen. I want to lay ceramic floor tiles but am wondering, do I have to leave the joints accessible ( in which case how do i make the joints look good?) or can i just trust they won't leak and tile over them as if they weren't there? Thanks for any ideas.

Sponsored Links
If one was to have access to every joint in the house, then we would live in houses full of access doors and panels. However - compression and push fit do need to be accessible. How 'accessible' is defined is probably open to interpretation - but I am sure some of the guys here can help out a bit more.

Rightly or wrongly the fact is there are millions of concealed comp fittings and push fits throughout the country. Ideally there should be access to them but thats usually not practical, if you cannot easily make an access area to your fittings tile straight over them or replace with solder joints.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back