Tiling pebbledash?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a large pebbledash wall painted in white masonry paint. I'd like some decorative porcelain tiles attached to it (around 1m2 not the full wall). Is it possible to have tiles laid directly onto the pebbledash without it being removed, or alternatively could exterior grade tile board be attached and the tiles placed on that?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is this inside or outside?

Can you have the wall rendered/plastered first before tiling?

It's outside. I wasn't intending to have the wall rendered as it's just a partial area of tiling (unless that smaller area can just be plastered).

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have a large pebbledash wall painted in white masonry paint. I'd like some decorative porcelain tiles attached to it (around 1m2 not the full wall). Is it possible to have tiles laid directly onto the pebbledash without it being removed, or alternatively could exterior grade tile board be attached and the tiles placed on that?

Thanks.
Your idea for a board to tile on sounds good - because in the fullness of time someone might want the tiles gone revealing the original dashed wall. It would always be a patch, and never match if you took some dash off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back