Tiling quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm getting some tiling done in my kitchen and bathroom. I've bought all the tiles and a friend of a friend is going to do the work + supply materials. He's given me a quote but I have nothing to compare it against.

Across the Kitchen + Bathroom there is max 20 sqm floor tiles (30 x 30). In the kitchen there is max 5 sqm of wall tiles (20 x 10). In the bathroom 5 sqm of moasic wall tiles (30 x 30).

The job is quite straightforward, nothing awkward. Can any tilers out there give me a rough idea of what they would charge for labour + materials.

Thanks

G

Sponsored Links
My immediate response would be to go get some professional quotes so you have something to compare it against but I guesse that will probably be wasting their time; it would be meaningless unless your comparing like with like. A good tiler & a quality job demands skill & use of quality materials (not the stuff you buy in B&Q) if it’s to last; & that doesn’t come cheap!

Some basic questions;
Is he a tiler or just a good DIY mate of mate wana be?
Does he know what he’s doing; are you sure he knows what he’s doing?
What specific materials is he going to use? This is probably the MOST important aspect, especially in the bathroom!
What price has he quoted you?

He is a tiler as a full time job. He's done work for my friend that he is happy with and looks good. I have no idea what materials he is using but assume he'll be using proper stuff as he's a pro. Price quoted is £700 + materials.

How does that sound?

If you have seen his work and think its good then take the quote.
Looking at the sq meterage you have given I would quote more but that would include adhesive,grout etc so would be a similar final price.

Sponsored Links
Without seeing it, seems very reasonable to me but possibly due to location. As I said earlier don’t skimp on the quality of materials, you tend to get what you pay for with this stuff & it makes a big difference.

Hi, thanks for the replies guys. I can assure you that Aberdeen can be quite expensive. Tradesmen are quite hard to come by and are always busy (plenty of oil money going round). I've spoken to tradesmen here who have given a well over the odds quote simply to put a customer off because they were too busy, only to get a call saying 'when can you start?'.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back