Tim Martin set for New Year's Eve knighthood

£1 in every £1000 paid in tax is from the spoons
Not really

its the customers that pay the VAT and alcohol duty and the employees that pay the PAYE and NI

the only tax Wetherspoons actually pays is corporation tax, which on 3% profit margin isn’t that great.

Sponsored Links
Not really

its the customers that pay the VAT and alcohol duty and the employees that pay the PAYE and NI

the only tax Wetherspoons actually pays is corporation tax, which on 3% profit margin isn’t that great.
No it pays £1 of every £1000 paid.

That’s impressive when you know what you’re taking about.

To be fair I did get some work from Wetherspoons once, I supplied a load of joinery for their new pub which was airside Gatwick.

Sponsored Links
To be fair I did get some work from Wetherspoons once, I supplied a load of joinery for their new pub which was airside Gatwick.
So even you have benefited from Tim.

See he’s not that bad. And I’ll take that as a win Nwgs 1, Notch7 nil.

That’s impressive when you know what you’re taking about.
No it doesnt

it passes over £450m VAT and alcohol duty which the customers pay.

VAT registered businesses don’t pay VAT, they just collect it…..I guess you don’t know much about business

No it doesnt

it passes over £450m VAT and alcohol duty which the customers pay.

VAT registered businesses don’t pay VAT, they just collect it…..I guess you don’t know much about business
The article is in relation to TAX.

In Wetherspoon’s 2022 financial year (12 months to July 2022), it generated £662.7 million in tax – about £1 in every £1,000 of ALL UK government taxes. The average tax generated per pub in 2022 was £780,000.

Where does it mention Vat ?

I voted for boris. the only good thing he did was get brexit done. This country was well and truly on it's knees long before brexit as notch and co know very well. Thatcher sold or shut down every piece of industry that we had. From there on in this country went down hill rapidly. Brexit prevented countries that had being trying to conquer Britain from doing it via the backdoor. Then the covid lockdowns added further woes to this already dead country. Notch and co only seem to be concerned that brexit makes them wait in long queues when they want to go abroad to ski or whatever. Move there ffs if you like europe so much but ffs stop whining here.
I’ve told you notch I was labour until JC. Now I’m not interested in politics.

You do like things in boxes.

Why would I vote for someone I’ve slated ?

This is where Notch & Co fail to understand. Brexit wasn't a Tory wish it was a UK wish. I was on the side that remained until I started listening to remainers and David come back with nothing.

This is where Notch & Co fail to understand. Brexit wasn't a Tory wish it was a UK wish. I was on the side that remained until I started listening to remainers and David come back with nothing.
I’ve said the same numerous times on here. Notchy is too wooden to listen.

According to Witherspoons, in July 2021 to July 2022, just at the end of the Covid lockdowns. :rolleyes:

And taking UK tax revenue for 202/21 compared to Witherspoons tax, it's more like 75p in £1000.
Bearing in mind that 2022 was the end of the Covid lockdowns so Witherspoons would be enjoying a healthy rebounce, the government's take in 2020/21 would have been well down due to Covid.

So it is vey much like a Mottie's carefull selected performance criteria to reflect Witherspoons in a good light.
We'll never know how much burden they placed on the NHS.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back