Timber frame garage.

You do not all get it.

Does this mean that some of us do get it (whatever 'it' is)?.

In my humble opinion, most here give sound advice, and a few pepper it with some humour, which is great :LOL:

Loosen up - we're not in an English Grammar exam!

Sponsored Links
BAS, I agree with you that precision in language is important, and that sloppy syntax causes confusion. The same words in different orders can have completely different meanings.

However, the only thing likely to be relevant to the OP is how his local authority interprets and applies the regulations. That should be easy to discover, either by looking on their website or making an anonymous enquiry by email.

Having said that, I'll be slightly disappointed when this thread comes to an end :rolleyes:

Cheers
Richard

Oh look - another loser who is either too stupid or too lacking in principles to get it.

:rolleyes:

Please keep digging, let us know what the weather is like on the other side.

geraldthehamster said:
BAS, I agree with you that precision in language is important, and that sloppy syntax causes confusion. The same words in different orders can have completely different meanings.

However, the only thing likely to be relevant to the OP is how his local authority interprets and applies the regulations. That should be easy to discover, either by looking on their website or making an anonymous enquiry by email.

bingo.

Sponsored Links
Bas, the problem is not what you say but the way you say it. Your post tone is so often giving the impression that you're an authority on a particular subject that a newbie could easily be misled. Cue the point where I call you out on a particular aspect that I feel requires more precision or a deeper level of explanation and you only seek to further the authoritative bluster. You don't have an ounce of humility and admit directly that you don't know, you skip over the issue and at some point later on when repeatedly pressed say "well isn't it obvious that I clearly implied I didn't know what I was talking about by not getting into deeper conversation about it?"

No. It's not obvious to newbies and the unknowing when you cover up a lack of knowledge by skirting the issue because to recognise that in process one has to have some grasp of the subject matter themselves. While you're taking the moral high ground about guiding posters as to the proper course of action you might wish to consider this aspect of your behaviour and it's inherent hypocrisy

Do not let your desire to be seen as the man who never made a mistake stand in the way of what you say you're here for

Dispensing with all the side claptrap about position of the word substantially, its actually more important to recognise that vague laws do not come to pass often due to the process of how the are made. Occasionally a vague one does slip through, but it's unenforceable due to its imprecision and is either modified or taken out, so really it's only the precise ones that make the cut. Then, because a very precise instrument must be applied to the chaos if the universe, accurately specifying rules to the nth degree gives rise to the requirement for an interpretative authority. While you're championing unnatural levels of accuracy in communication and chastising those who interpret them, consider that the law is an analogous mechanism and the court is the error tolerant interpreter you demand should not exist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back