Extending a Garage - Over 30m2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I want to extend my brick garage with timber frame workshop, this would mean the floor area was over 30m2, do i need PP or just BR ?

If i kept the wall up between the garage and timber workshop and maybe had double doors, would it still be classed as a single floor ?

Regards,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Whether or not it needs p.p depends on various factors such as height, proximity to the boundary, and proportion of curtilage space occupied by the building.
As for Building Control, a detached structure over 30 sq m would need building regs approval. Your idea of separating the structures by double doors would not be accepted, as building control would still count it as one structure. Your new build would have to be completely detached to be exempt.

Whether or not it needs p.p depends on various factors such as height, proximity to the boundary, and proportion of curtilage space occupied by the building.
As for Building Control, a detached structure over 30 sq m would need building regs approval. Your idea of separating the structures by double doors would not be accepted, as building control would still count it as one structure. Your new build would have to be completely detached to be exempt.

Sponsored Links
Sorry! don't know why it came up 3x. Must have pressed the wrong buttons :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back