timber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can anyone point me in the right direction for cheap timber? Any websites or anything, the thing is I am trying to build sheds, kennels anything but I am struggling to compete with other people with my timber supplier.

cheers in advance :)

edit to say I know I will need to buy in bulk and maybe another country.

Sponsored Links
you cannot compete on cost even if you buy a shipload off timber
you need to par materials to the minimum and make a second class product is that what you want

you need to sell on individuality for example a free plaque with your pets name on it

As said above you have very little chance of gaining enough of a purchasing advantage yourself unless you have huge storage facilities, a good relationship with an Agent/Mill, a huge cash balance and a willingness to take a risk.

One of the main factors to take into consideration is the part of the world that cheap softwood comes from - they are not the type of countries where you can excercise your rights under the Sale of Goods Act - Estonia/Latvia/Russia etc. The only think you could look at is salvage stock, I am in the game and would advise you to find another USP other than price for your product, if you do insist on looking for savings you could try these boys:

Service Timber Ltd
Timber Terminal
Breighton Airfield
Bubwith
Selby
YO8 6DJ

Tel:01757 289109
Fax:01757 289107

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back