Time to dust off those old rubiks cubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure many members have owned the rubiks cube but ended up putting them into storage after completely messing them up, well now you can dig them out and restore them from any messed combination back to solved by the use of a neat free little piece of software.

You can input any state of the cube click a solve button and it will show you step by step how to resolve it.

Rubiks Cube Software Solver

Sponsored Links
My Uncle used to peel off the coloured stickers and re-fix them in the right places :LOL: He claimed they had been stuck on wrong to start with, thus making the puzzle unsolveable :LOL:

:LOL: havnt we all, some had coloured inserts you prised out with a screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
I've got two cubes, a three way and a four way. Long ago I worked out that some permutations are impossible. You can't rotate a single corner or flip a single edge piece. So I picked up a friend's cube while he wasn't looking and did exactly that. I prised out a corner and an edge and flipped them. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I left the cube still scrambled but now completely unsolvable. For all I know he's still trying to do it! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is perfectly easy to complete the cube, even with a single piece disorientated. wether you muck about with one particular corner doesn't matter. this particular corner can be re-intergrated. it just means a different corner will become misaligned.

the cube will eventually be complete with one piece the wrong way round. any old cuber will know immediately that it has been tampered with.

The four way cube is, I think, called Rubik's Revenge. It's got sixteen squares on each face and can be twisted at any of nine planes. If you can already do the three-way cube you can get the corners in easily. The fun starts when you try to do the edges. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The only one id be comfortable solving would be a 1x1 cube ;)

Sponsored Links
Back