Timed external lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found some external lights that I really want outside the house but they are not dusk til dawn and as they will be connected to a switch, I can not add a timer.

I just wondered if there was a solution that I could have these two external lights on a timer but also have a switch over-ride?

They will have led bulbs if that makes a difference?!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They do have a pir sensor, but I thought this was just a motion sensor, these will be lights by the front door so I want them to come one timed t night.

I just wondered if there was a solution that I could have these two external lights on a timer but also have a switch over-ride?
Yes - put them on a dusk/dawn switch with timer, and also connect via a light switch to the output of the timer.

They will have led bulbs if that makes a difference?!
Avoid timers which don't require a neutral.

Sponsored Links
Do you know where I can find one that would be suitable, I've been asking around and I can't seem to find what you're suggesting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back