timeswitch wiring help!!!!!!

20 Dec 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
my existing timer for the central heating is a Grasslin towerchron T2002

My new timeswitch is a drayton lifestyle LP711

My old wiring had 3 cables going into it

it hat 2 red wires going into the live and 2 black wires going into the neutral connectors and also 1 red wire going into a terminal marked CH AND 1 black wire going into a terminal marked HW.

The new unit has a new universal wall plate and a wiring diagram that has the following terminals

N L 1 2 3 4


can anyone help and tell me how to wire this new unit from the old one and where to put the 3 red and 3 black wires

thanks colin
Sponsored Links

live in scotland, its cold and ive a little one, heating engineer cant come till tuestday, any help most welcome, need to get the heating going again..
live same as before 2 red wires
nuetral same 2 black wires
old hot water black to new 3
old c/h red to new 4
tried as above, but heating not coming on, my old unit had a switch for either hw or ch and hw, this one doesnt, have i bought the wrong one?

the old one was mechanical clock, new one all digital type.
Sponsored Links
You certainly have.

Why are you changing the programmer?
its been playing up, working sometimes and not at others, plus ive lost most of the little red and blue plastic bits that switch the mechanical clock/heating on and off.

whcih type of unit should i buy when i retunt this one..

bump for this thread

Any advise on type of unit i need, come on guys its xmas, someone be kind and give me all that info just bursting to get out of your head
there must be one decent chap out there that can tell me which programmer type i need

You need to be more patient, some of us have other things to do! ;)

two red in live terminal as before.
two black in neutral terminal as before.

put a link between live terminal and 'com'
put black and red both in 'on' terminal.

This will give you heating and hot water until your engineer brings the correct twin channel programmer you require.
Single channel - for combi boilers (only let you control heating)

Twin channel - for conventional boilers (let you control heating and hot water seperately)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links