Tipping

In Menorca this year we tipped at 10%. Don't know if it was the norm or not but we felt it was reasonable.

Sponsored Links
I used to feel guilty and always tip, but not now. I only tip if the service is good and with a smile. Even abroad.

A few years back in New York, we had a rather awkward incident when we gave a tip, but the waitress told us it wasn't enough!!! She said due to weird tax laws, a tip has to be a certain amount so it can be taxed accurately, or nothing at all. As I was happy with the service, I was prepared to pay the extra 3 or 4 dollars, but my mate stood up and said " you cheeky f**kers!! Stuff it up your harris " and stormed out leaving me gob smacked.

Sponsored Links
big city might be as they are overexposed to human contact.

small towns and states with low population density are the reverse.
Also seems to be certain places

New yorkers were renowned for being unfriendly but that was before 9/11

Floridians always seemed friendly no matter where i went, same with the west coast, californans were friendly on the whole.

Went for a meal recently (locally in Hampshire) the waitress was helpful but the room was freezing (radiators not switched on), my starter was straight out of a fridge, not nice at all. I didnt tip even thought the waitress on her performance alone probably deserved one.

Sponsored Links
Back