Tips for getting advice from the professional members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
  • Don't cast aspersions on the tradesman
  • Don't generalise
  • Don't try and appear to know it all. We can smell Google Warriors a mile off
  • Say please and thanks
  • Give us specific information about the system you are having problems with. If in doubt look at past threads.
  • Don't think your problem is unique or never been answered here. It has you just haven't looked hard enough.
  • Don't assume you know the nature and situation of the professional poster.
  • Be careful of advice given by Google Warriors. Not many professionals give jip to other professionals here. If a poster is taken the micky out of, and they have more than a couple of hundred posts to their name, then they're probably muppets.
  • Beware of mods posting advice. Certain ones are clueless but hide behind their ability to delete posts.
  • A sarcy answer does not imply grumpiness. Maybe weariness at the same question being asked AGAIN. Or perhaps you've brought a sob story with you. We're not heartless. But, we've heard it before.
  • Pictures are usually better than your description.
  • Many of us are well educated. Quite possibly more so than you. Assume nothing.
  • We reserve the right to take the pish. This forum costs you nothing. It costs us time and our training costs A LOT of money.
Now proceed to ask away. Once you have HAD A PROPER search of old posts and the FAQ.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You sir can install what you like. I can heartily recommend any of the Intergas range. I can even get my mum to write you a letter about poor working pressure of your are stuck :D

Yeah but I did an internet search and they say that the raven heat is better than the intergas and I'd be fine with the 15mm gas supply and a magnetic filter will clean all the sludge out....:D

Pah, you guys know nuffink.. I did an internet search and they said Fairy Liquid is ok and if I fit the boiler 300mm above the hob, I can recover the heat from the hob when I boil my socks..:whistle:

OK I admit that I shouldn't have implied that all gas engineers are sexist.
I am on minimum wage and cant afford to pay top end prices, that's all I said.

Now there's an oxymoron if ever I saw one.

My previous post has everything to do with the price of fish.

You also went on about tories, being a labour voter (which party introduced tuition fees? And which party flecked up the economy good and proper... Again?) and then had the front to say the TF1 was a decent product :LOL:.

Yeah, TF1 being good, I just love these internet experts. Is it true you get a free bucket with each one now?

Dan, that first post is a load of patronizing *******s!

Get rid of the points you have been advised to get rid of, otherwise peple will take it for what ti is - patronizing *******s that shows why so many people ask a simple question here then feck off because of all the patronizing or offensive answers.

I agree that some posters need a telling off now and then but a bit like dating, they should be f****ed on the second date. I do feel sorry for the genuine posters who don't know the ins and outs of a duck's @RSE, asking a genuine question, then getting abused. In fact, I stopped visiting the forum for a couple of years because of a certain 'professional' who just abused everyone (he has since left - I think).
As a 'professional' I have to earn respect. It works both ways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back