Titan and Mac Allister

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I can tell, Screwfix seem to be phasing out their 'Titan' brand and replacing with 'Mac Allister', although the tools themselves seem almost identical. Anybody know why, and if the replacements are actually any good? Had a few good cheap and cheerful Titan products over the years for doing the odd job.

Sponsored Links
Mac Allister is the same brand as available in B&Q... becuase they're owned by the same parent company. Ever noticed how ONLY Screwfix sell Titan or Erbauer? It's because they are own brands, with add "prestige". This should help to clear up why they look identical...

They're all fine to use unless you're doing heavy duty work. Like any of these own-brands, you can't get spares for them

Nozzle

Yeah I'm aware they are 'own brand', just wasn't sure if there was any tangible difference with the Mac Allister versions.

Generally found Titan to be better than Aldi equivalents, although they're all obviously inferior to the big brands.

Sponsored Links
Parkside tools in Lidl are sourced from a German company, and you can actually get parts for them (from the makers). Seem to be aimed at the budget DIYer.

Last time I looked, you needed to speak some German to read the parts lists, but I expect, if you can identify it from a diagram, you could email in English to order.

I haven't seen a similar site for Aldi, which have a similar range.

I don't know what will happen after Hallowe'en, I suppose there will be customs duty to pay.

edit
I just checked, and there seem to be a number of UK firms also carrying the parts now

Example:

https://www.diyspareparts.com/parts/parkside
https://www.espares.co.uk/browse/ma3384/parkside

Well done, Lidl!

The Parkside stuff seems to be getting some decent reviews too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back