TNCS

small 2 way copper block on the suppliers 100amp fuse block (henley)

If it is a fuse block ( as in fuse holder ) then you shouldn't be connecting the earth to any part of it. Or do you mean the "small 2 way copper block on the suppliers cut out which has a 100 amp fuse fitted"

The fact that you changed (or fitted ) a CU with only a "socket tester" to test and verify your "work" is safe suggests you have no idea what is involved in doing that work. And what you have posted here further supports that impression. If you live alone then good luck. If other people live in the house then get an electrician to test and probably remedy your "work"

Sponsored Links
before the change there was a 3 way cartridge fuse housing with the earth coming from the small earth terminal on the 100amp fuse head and only had 3 sockets in radial on it, i tested them when the builders wanted to use them and it was fine on the socket and see/fluke socket tester (i have 2) western power came in and put an isolator on after the meter when it was all connected up this is where the single light occurs on the socket and see saying missing earth.

Sponsored Links
i tested them when the builders wanted to use them and it was fine on the socket and see/fluke socket tester
Lucky you.....Suppose the builder had been electrocuted due to un-safe electrical supply which you apparently had stated was safe to use after your in-adequate testing of it.

Because you CANNOT use a TNC-S earth on a temporary supply, it is likely it was disconnected when the isolator was fitted.

Is there an earth wire coming from the cut-out now and if so where does it go?

the earth wire on the right hand side goes to the bond on the CU

ok the DNO enginner did say the earth cannot be used on a temp supply, so if i disconnect the temp supply, how do i get a earth for my CU/new installation

ok the DNO enginner did say the earth cannot be used on a temp supply, so if i disconnect the temp supply, how do i get a earth for my CU/new installation

By getting an ELECTRICIAN to check the installation before HE makes the connection in a permanent and safe method

ok thank you and an electrician will reconnect what the DNO engineer did? or put in another method of earthing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back