to-let ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Just a quick question, has any of you's done/do work for landlords ie check leccy and give them a cert to say everythings ok to let out, if you have would you give one if there was no earthing/bounding not even the gas meter ? or would you give them one and state there was no bounding etc.

cheers

Sponsored Links
We (the company I work for) regularly carry our periodic inspections for landlords of rented properties.

If the installation was not upto standard, then I would still issue the PIR certificate, but in the overall condition of installation box, I would put 'unsatisfactory'.

All the deviations from the regs, and how serious each fault is would be listed on page 2 of the certificate.

The amount of reports I dish out with "Un-Satisfactory" is huge - And many of the companies assume "Ah, I have a cert, great". Even when you point out the UN part to them!

Bloody customers!

Sponsored Links
Make sure you get paid!

Landlords do not want an inspection, they just want an all-clear, a piece of paper that passes the buck. If you don't give them this they may see no reason to hand over cash for what is, to them, a useless piece of paper.

Payment up front, if possible.

The majority of our domestic PIRs are for a couple of reputable local letting agents, so there is no problem WRT payment. It is very rare to be aproached by private landlords for a certificate.

We have been asked by one local letting agent, for 'pass certificates' without actually visiting the properties :rolleyes:

FFS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back