To PVA or not to PVA

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just about to floor my bathroom with a "Floormaster TileLoc" laminate; it is described as splashproof and rated as AC3.

The instructions say just click it together; a guy in one of the stores (not actually the one where we brought it) says for a bathroom it is always best to put it together with PVA adhesive. I had not thought to do this but guess it makes sence if it helps seal the joins; any thoughts or advice on this as it is not what the manufacture says?

Also, I have completely stripped out the bathroom which is 2.7m x 4.0m and was planning to lay the floor over the complete area and then place shower tray, bath, loo and sink over the top cutting holes where required as I though this would give the neatest job especially since the shower base will be quadrant shaped. The downside here though is that once I put this stuff over the top it is'nt going to move which rather defeats all the good advice on expansion gaps. How important is this expansion issue? do I need to worry that much for a fairly narrow bathroom of 2.7m?

Much appreciate any good advice here. :confused:

Sponsored Links
i would seriously consider setting the shower waste and tray in, prior to any decorative floor laying. set the bath waste up too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back